Autism Awareness Day Blog Hop - SPD Handmade Card

Hello everyone! 
I hope you're having a beautiful day! 
Today I am thrilled to be a part of a fantastic group of designers as we do our part in spreading Autism Awareness to our crafting community. SugarPea Designs is a sponsor of this hop which is hosted by Veronica Zalis.

 Fotografia postată de Wendy Leake Ramlakhan.

Please be sure to visit the SugarPea Designs Blog for a look at some of the fantastic cards for today's hop!

For today's card I used the "Otterly Adorable" stamp set, along with it's coordinating SugarCut – Otterly Adorable die set and the awesome "Large Striped Cover Plate" die.




I don't know about you, but I'm in love with these cute otters! And the striped cover plate is perfect to create a focal point on your card.


I started my card by creating a background using Distress Inks, a mini spray with clean water and a pinch of Perfect Pearls. I smooshed the inks directly on the cardstock and sprayed the entire panel with water. After the panel dried I die cut it using the "Large Striped Cover Plate" die and then I run the die through my Big Shot machine again this time die cutting a white panel.


Next I glued the inked background die cut piece on a white card base and glued all the parts from my white die cut inside the empty spaces.
Then I stamped the images, colored these cuties with Spectrum Noir markers and die cut them using the coordinating dies.
I mounted the images on the white oval and added a sentiment (next to the images) stamped on a white banner.
I glued a few clear sequins and my card was done.



Don't forget to visit the SugarPea Designs Blog for a look at some of the fantastic cards for today's hop!

If you love Instagram like I do, you can follow me using this name: @ralucavezeteu . I post almost every day new cards and different process photos so I hope I'll see you there, too!

Have a lovely day!

And thank you so much for stopping by,

Comentarii

  1. Wonderful card! Love the blue with the pop of yellow for the fish! Great card for a great cause!

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  2. I love your card. I try and work out how people put cards together before reading the instructions! However I looked at your card for ages and just couldn't work out how you got the white stripes. I gave in and read the tutorial and still didnt get it lol. Then it clicked. Tut . Thankyou for a great card and great tutorial. I think that cover die is going on my 'Want it now list ' lol. Xx

    RăspundețiȘtergere

Trimiteți un comentariu